Second Harvest Food Bank Drive Starts Monday
The Second Harvest Food Bank Holiday Food Drive will be held before Thanksgiving Break this year. Donation bins will be available for a 2-week drive running Monday, November 4 through Friday, November 15. We are competing against Khan Academy to see who can bring in the most non-perishable food donations!
Second Harvest accepts all non-perishable food donations, but especially needs these nutritious items:
· Canned tuna, chicken or salmon
· Meals in a can (soup, stew, chili)
· Low-sodium canned vegetables
· Canned fruit in its own juice or water
· Olive or canola oil
· Spices (cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, salt-free spice blends)
· Canned foods with pop-top lids
· Low-sugar whole grain cereals
· Healthy snacks (granola bars, nuts, dried fruit
Please do not donate items packed in glass. No candy or sugar-sweetened drinks.