Our goal is for 100% of Khan Lab School families to make a donation to the Annual Fund.
We greatly appreciate all levels of support as we pioneer a new model of education. Read FAQ.
Thank you for your consideration and partnership!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of any checks coming through the mail. KLS families may drop off checks at the front desk. We are grateful for your continued support.
Khan Lab School
1200 Villa Street, Suite 100
Mountain View, CA 94041
Please email email@example.com to obtain account and routing numbers and to notify us of any incoming transfers or wires. We greatly appreciate your gift.
To ensure accurate handling, please include the following information in your email to us:
- Date Khan Lab School should expect the wire
- Dollar amount
- Sending organization, if applicable
Appreciated stock is a great way to support Khan Lab School. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the necessary information about our receiving institution. Thank you for your generous gift!
Read answers to frequently asked questions & browse the Annual Fund brochure for more information.
What is the Annual Fund, and why is it important?
At non-profit educational institutions, the term annual fund encompasses yearly fundraising activities that are designed to encourage regular giving. Your tax-deductible gift to Khan Lab School ensures our solid financial future and inspires outside financial institutions to confidently invest in KLS.
The Annual Fund is important for a number of reasons, including that it:
- raises funds for specific projects (such as the outdoor play space) and for unrestricted funds
- establishes community giving habits and enables patterns of giving to be tracked from year to year
- increases donor participation rates
- helps identify potential advocates and volunteers in the community
- clarifies and helps reinforce core messages about Khan Lab School
- makes a statement to corporations, foundations, and publications that you believe in our vision and support our model of education.
Has my family already donated to the Annual Fund?
The Annual Fund is a separate fundraiser from the fall auction. It is a special school campaign we will be holding each year. This year's Annual Fund began in mid-May. The idea is to highlight one time of year when we encourage everyone to give what they can (even $10) to reach 100% participation over the course of a few weeks. If your donation was made prior to May and you did not mark your donation as "Annual Fund," then your family's donation has not yet been made to the Annual Fund campaign.
What is the goal and how much should each family give?
For the first KLS Annual Fund, we have not set a dollar goal. We are aiming for 100% participation, and we will share the % participation with families. We ask that you contribute at a level that is personally meaningful and that makes sense for your family.
Are we able to make donations to the school via donor-advised funds?
Yes. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Is our gift tax-deductible?
All gifts to Khan Lab School are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Khan Lab School is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. We issue a gift receipt for each donation.
What does our gift to the Annual Fund support?
- Our student-centered Upper School space
- Improving our outdoor play space, including a playground structure, sandbox, lunch area, and team fields
- Modular, mobile equipment and furniture
- We’re building out our Extended Day program to include team sports, STEM fairs, SAT/ACT/AP preparation, and more
- We are providing more resources and support for Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, and the Arts
If you would like to discuss your tax-deductible gift or would like more information about giving options, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.